Posts Tagged ‘free phone link .com’

SMART PHONES THAT CATCH ON FIRE IN YOUR POCKET

Friday, February 8th, 2013

SAMSUNG SMART PHONE BURNS IN MAN’S POCKET, SO ARE YOU SAFE?

South Korean fire officials say a man has been burned by a Samsung smartphone battery that caught fire in his trouser pocket.

Officials at Bupyeong Fire Station in Incheon city said on Wednesday the lithium-ion battery was not in the phone when it caught fire. Such batteries are quick to charge but prone to overheating.

The man suffered second-degree burns and a small wound on his thigh from Saturday’s incident.

Officials declined to identify the man. Samsung said no investigation was planned.

It is the second known time in a year in South Korea that a Samsung smartphone battery has caught fire.

Lithium-ion batteries are behind the worldwide grounding of Boeing 787s
hyuliul

Sourced & published by Henry Sapiecha