SMART PHONES THAT CATCH ON FIRE IN YOUR POCKET

SAMSUNG SMART PHONE BURNS IN MAN’S POCKET, SO ARE YOU SAFE?

South Korean fire officials say a man has been burned by a Samsung smartphone battery that caught fire in his trouser pocket.

Officials at Bupyeong Fire Station in Incheon city said on Wednesday the lithium-ion battery was not in the phone when it caught fire. Such batteries are quick to charge but prone to overheating.

The man suffered second-degree burns and a small wound on his thigh from Saturday’s incident.

Officials declined to identify the man. Samsung said no investigation was planned.

It is the second known time in a year in South Korea that a Samsung smartphone battery has caught fire.

Lithium-ion batteries are behind the worldwide grounding of Boeing 787s
hyuliul

Sourced & published by Henry Sapiecha

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply